LearnZillion is changing the paradigm of curriculum. As the first K-12 Curriculum-as-a-Service (CaaS) company, we’re transforming curriculum from a static product to an adaptable, cloud-based service. Our cost-effective model equips school districts and their teachers with dynamic, easy-to-use content and professional services that support high-quality instruction throughout the district.
Founded in 2011 by two former teachers, LearnZillion was listed in Fast Company’s Top 5 Most Innovative Companies in Education. More than 1.3 million teachers currently use LearnZillion; approximately 1 in 3 U.S. teachers.
We need your help to disrupt and transform curriculum in the United States and eventually the world. This is an opportunity to permanently change the field of education.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer (a co-founder), you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of our product vision, helping to define that vision, identify market opportunities, lead competitive analysis, and manage product life-cycles.
Key responsibilities include
- Drive the product vision and strategy: collaborate with the leadership team to define product vision and strategy.
- Identify market opportunities: Conduct market research for understanding the needs and requirements of the market and competitive offerings
- Lead competitive analysis
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and work closely with marketing to define core positioning and messaging for the product
- Maintain competitive comparison documents for internal use
- Manage the product life-cycles
- Manage the annual product strategy and roadmap process
- Manage the product lifecycle, defining, documenting (PRDs), prioritizing and communicating product and customer requirement and working closely with engineering and academics to deliver winning products.
- Resolve team issues and roadblocks that impact progress toward business goals
- Ensure flexibility against changing business priorities
- Develop and manage product management artifacts and process
- Work with marketing to produce product marketing materials
- Create product training materials for sales enablement and support training
Things we’re looking for in a candidate
- A passion for the LearnZillion mission
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience in a leadership role within the education industry
- Solid track record of bringing to market commercially viable products
- Experience and demonstrated desire to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to drive vision and influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to define a compelling product, a path to market, and evangelize that vision within the organization and across the company.
- An extraordinary ability to make complex topics clear.
- A strong enough will to get done what needs to be done but a soft enough style to gain buy-in from diverse groups.
- Outstanding project management skills that have made a very visible difference within one or more large organizations
- An extreme comfort with juggling many topics and issues of many shapes and sizes all at once.
- Enough technical background to have meaningful conversations about technical issues with development managers, architects, and staff.
- Experience with metrics-driven decision making and the crafting of tools and/or reports in support of it. Concrete examples of times when your personal data analysis has led to positive outcomes.
- Strong understanding behavioral psychology and key factors that drive user behavior and decision making in an online e-commerce environment
LearnZillion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.